[NSRCA-discussion] Ultimate Answer to many Pattern issues...:)

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Mon May 18 07:51:15 AKDT 2009

The Ultimate "Fun Fly".........

Gray Fowler
Senior Principal Chemical Engineer
Radomes and Specialty Apertures
Technical Staff Composites Engineering
Raytheon

Richard Lewis <humptybump at sbcglobal.net>
Sent by: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
05/18/2009 10:44 AM
Please respond to
General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>

cc

Subject
[NSRCA-discussion] Ultimate Answer to many Pattern issues...:)

I have come up with the ultimate solution to the issues of: Advancement,
Participant Retention, Contest logistics, Judging Training, and Overall
Happiness....

1.  No more Classes.  Dividing people into classes is demeaning and
unfair, just because a participant can practice more, afford better
equipment, has more natural ability, bettter eyesight, etc...does not make
them any better than any other pilot.  Everyone should be allowed to feel
good about themsevles no matter what.  We want to make sure people have a
good experience so they will keep flying Pattern.

2.  No more Sequences.  Forcing people to fly specific maneuvers may cause
us to lose participants, and may lead to the eventual demise of Pattern.
Some paticipants may be uncomfortable with certain maneuvers and should be
allowed to fly whatever maneuvers best suit their abilities and allow them
to perform their personal best.

3.  No more rounds and set flight orders.  We don't want anyone to feel
pressured to fly when they are not ready to do so.  If the sun is in the
wrong location, the wind is blowing the wrong direction, or someones
underwear is chaffing, they can choose to fly, or not, as often as they
like and whenever they are ready.

3.  No more scores.  Judge training is difficult and low scores are really
hard on the self-esteem of the participants, when they are compared with
other participants.  We will still provide judges to observe the
participants flight and they will be able to give "Smiley Faces" or "Gold
Stars" as they see fit to bolster the self-esteem of the pilot.

4.  No more 2nd or 3rd place trophies.  At the end of each contest, ALL
participants will receive a 1st place trophy.  No one enjoys losing, and
this way there are no losers, and everyone goes home with a positive
feeling and a burning desire to attend the next contest.

5.  Ice Cream.  At the end of every contest, everyone will get ice cream
as a treat.  However, due to the litigious times we live in, it will be
Soy based for the lactose intolerant and must have no nuts for the
allergic.  A notarized waiver of liability and medical release form will
be required.

If I can get some support on an emergency rules proposal to get these
changes in place, I think that we just might be able to save our beloved
sport....:)

Tongue firmly planted in cheek.....Richard
The following line is added for your protection and will be used for
analysis if this message is reported as spam: (Raytheon Analysis:
IP=209.112.194.3; e-from=nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org;
from=humptybump at sbcglobal.net; date=May 18, 2009 3:44:02 PM;
subject=[NSRCA-discussion] Ultimate Answer to many Pattern issues...:))