[NSRCA-discussion] D1 Spring Warmup, Jackson,NJ

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Mon May 18 05:33:12 AKDT 2009

Yeah what's up with the E-heads that can't get a plane off the ground in 3 minutes? I thought that stuff was plug and play. LOL

I had the opportunity to judge the new Masters sequence for 2 rounds. I think this is a good one - you Masters pilots should have fun with it. Now I see how the Advancement process REALLY works: You can either hold out in Advanced where you get to judge 100 pilots flying Masters (seems  like that when you're in the chair) or you can just fly Masters and only have to watch your flight. Hmm...

Although I was wiped out from judging I had a good time and it looks like the battle between me and Joe Z. is off to a good start. I don't think either of us knows who's going home with the win until we get the awards - I know I was certainly surprised this time - we always give the fans their money's worth! VBG

We also had a new pilot who came out of nowhere to win Sportsman. I judged 2 rounds of Sportsman so I got to watch him fly and let me tell you he won't be in Sportsman for very long!

The flying was great, the weather was good and hanging out with friends (old and new) was as good as ever. The best part was the support from the club however. Every year they do more to help and this year was no exception. These guys gave up a whole day of flying at their field to let us have a contest, AND they did a good deal of the work too. From setting up the field, cooking food, running score sheets, to entering scores - you name it, they did it. These guys made it happen. I know Rick was very appreciative and I hope he lets the guys know that we were too. :)

John Pavlick