[NSRCA-discussion] Lipo For Futaba 12FGA

jonlowe at aol.com jonlowe at aol.com
Wed May 13 20:45:25 AKDT 2009

 Here's one:
https://www.hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8933&Product_Name=OEM_2200mAh_2S_20C_Lipo_Pack

-----Original Message-----
From: Ron Van Putte <vanputte at cox.net>
To: General pattern discussion <nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.org>
Sent: Wed, 13 May 2009 10:48 pm
Subject: [NSRCA-discussion] Lipo For Futaba 12FGA

Just to change the topic a while, I'd like to talk about lithium polymer batteries for transmitters.  Yes, I know that several companies sell polymer batteries for transmitters.  They come in square and flat configurations.  I've sold quite a few and every customer is happy; they only have to charge their transmitter battery every other month.?
?

So, what do I want to talk about?  I can't find a "suitable" one for my Futaba 12FGA transmitter.  The 12FGA uses a 7.2 volt, 1600 mah battery.  A 2-cell lithium polymer battery would be perfect.  Unfortunately I can't find one over 2100 mah that fits in the battery compartment (16x34x130 mm).  The problem is that most lithium polymer batteries sold now have more than a 10C discharge rate.  As a result, the batteries are bigger than necessary for a transmitter.  Transmitters don't require more than 1C or 2C from the lithium polymer battery, especially the 2.4 GHz spread spectrum transmitters.?
?

Any ideas/sources out there??
?

Ron Van Putte?