[NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Mon May 11 15:37:31 AKDT 2009

Snaproll4 at aol.com wrote:
> CD's used to have the ability to have Sportsman fly twice which isn't
> in the rule book.  They now can have an Expert class which isn't in
> the rule book.  Can CD's suspend the advancement rule?  Just thinking
> out loud.
>
> Steve
Interesting question. The AMA gives CDs broad powers to waive rules as
they see fit, but those usually pertain to the safe operation of a
contest. The caveat is that the CD must publish any variations within 30
days of the event and it is best to list them in the sanction
application. Changes can be made on the spot due to weather, etc., but
it would be hard to see how advancement fits into that. So I suspect
taht it would be difficult for a CD to do waht you suggest. What a CD
could do I suppose is to allow a certain individual to fly a lower
class, but again, that might be a stretch.