[NSRCA-discussion] WRAP UP - Advancement

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Mon May 11 07:42:54 AKDT 2009

We can put some explicit written policies in place for the NSRCA that state
that schedules will be changed only when deemed necessary or in the event
that a maneuver/schedule presents a problem such as safety, difficulty,
length, etc.  This would prevent the NSRCA from willy-nilly changing the
schedules.  I do think we should pull them out of the rulebook just because
it would be much easier for us to control what happens to them versus being
held to AMA's timetable of change.

Mark:  To answer your question on how we go about this?  These need to be
presented to the membership as part of the survey to determine if this is in
fact the best route to go for the membership.  If someone would like to put
this in writing and send to me two (2) paragraphs for the rules survey:

1.  First paragraph is the question being asked.  For example - Should the
NSRCA remove all wording from the rule book as it pertains to class
advancement?
2.  Second paragraph is a clear description of why voting YES would be a
good thing and also a clear description of why voting NO would be a good
thing as well.  We need to hear reasons why both a YES and NO would work.