[NSRCA-discussion] Advancement System

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Sun May 10 08:28:18 AKDT 2009

J N Hiller wrote:
>  This is one to two mi. longer than it took me to fly the advanced sequence (transmitter 'on' time).
> I don't consider this too long.

Consider this, 2 minutes per pilot times 15 pilots is 30 minutes per
round. 4 rounds is 2 hours longer. A 30 pilot class would take an hour
longer per round, and perhaps up to 4 hours or more for the contest. I
wonder how many judges would appreciate an hour or so less per round
sitting in the chair. It is not about the time for an individual pilot,
it is all about the cumulative effect of those few seconds per pilot
that make the difference to how long a round takes to be flown.