[NSRCA-discussion] Changing Sequences...

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Thu May 7 11:00:01 AKDT 2009

Richard,

My comment wasn't meant to sound elitist at all... although it probably came
across like that.  Those "experts" are not from all districts but do
represent a lot of the districts and should be listening to input from all
pilots.  My point being that this isn't something that one could assign to a
district to come up with a set of sequences every 2 years since it does
require a certain level of knowledge as to what works and what doesn't work.

I do agree that sequences do take some tweaking to get right and that
sequences that were designed 3 years ago and are implemented now may not
offer the same level of competency, or even perhaps sequence spacing, that
was originally intended back then.  That is why I think the sequences need
to be pulled out of the rule book so that it would allow us to tweak them
quickly and fix them.

I would encourage you to reach out to the current sequence committee members
(Joe Lachowski, Dave Lockhard, Verne Koester, Ed Alt, Bill Glaze, Arch
Stafford - I think those are all the members) to get their opinion on what
it takes to build a sequence.  It isn't as simple as it sounds and even
given enough lead time it hasn't always been a tried and true science.

-Derek