[NSRCA-discussion] Changing Sequences...

Derek Koopowitz derekkoopowitz at gmail.com
Thu May 7 08:58:19 AKDT 2009

Richard,

I agree wholeheartedly with your step one - the sequences should be removed
from the rulebook in order for us to modify them regularly and to modify
rules associated with the sequences quickly without having to wait until the
next rules cycle/emergency proposal.  Our core set of rules will remain in
the rule book - lines, loops, rolls, etc.

Step two is much more difficult to achieve.  As anyone on the sequence
committee will tell you (past and present), creating sequences is a
painstakingly hard process especially if one wants to get it right.  We do
have some failry srtict guidelines/procedures layed out for each class which
does make it somewhat easier to build a sequence... however, getting all the
sequences built together takes a lot of trial and error.  My feeling is that
we leave the sequence building with the experts and they can create/build a
sequence that is best for us.  Having said that I would expect that the
sequence committee would rely on input so that they can get a sense for what
works and what doesn't work.

Thanks for your comments.

-Derek