[NSRCA-discussion] For Electric eyes only.. lol

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Tue Mar 31 03:57:43 AKDT 2009

It is human nature for one to fear what one does not understand. This is new stuff. There are lots of horror stories. As soon as there is some understanding of what is involved, and perhaps some standards or conventions about cable placement (aka "fuel lines") battery placement (aka "fuel tank") then I don't think there will be any more fear than cutting into a conventional vehicle. Everyone knows there are not fuel lines running in the door posts - safe to cut there, etc. (Unless, of course, you happen upon one of Junior Johnson's old race cars - there might be some nitrous oxide inside the roll cage)  ;-)

I think the bigger fear should be how to disarm an electric vehicle. Same as with our airplanes, just because the prop is not turning does not mean it isn't armed!

Bob R.

--- On Mon, 3/30/09, Jay Marshall <lightfoot at sc.rr.com> wrote:

What about fuel lines? Or a hydrogen tank?

Jay Marshall