[NSRCA-discussion] thinning epoxy, how?

michael s harrison drmikedds at sbcglobal.net
Sun Mar 15 10:08:04 AKDT 2009

Jason,
The quality of epoxy is very important because of heat and soluability
issues.  The 5 and 30 minute epoxies are a poor choice because they will not
hold up to heat or soluables. They will become rubbery and absorb fuels.
Consider the better laminating epoxies.  The best off the shelf is probably
Z-poxy or equivilant. Others are better still, but become costly because of
quantity purchase requirements. Also, for best results do not thin but put
on and wipe very thin,  do a couple of coats for longevity and integrity.