[NSRCA-discussion] Futaba 2.4 7 Channel Receiver

MKMSG mkmsg at cox.net
Sun Mar 15 09:17:03 AKDT 2009

Outside of the number of channels, is there any appreciable performance difference between the Futaba 2.4 gig 8 channel receiver and the 2.4 gig 7 channel receiver?  I have the 8 channel 2.4 module in my 9 ZAP.  It has a very small micro switch which must be moved whenever I want to use a receiver less than 8 channels.  Since I fly some indoor using the Futaba 4 channel 2.4 receiver, that switch does get a workout.  However, it doesn't look like it was built to be repeately moved back and forth like a receiver on/off switch and I fear it will eventually fail.  If I use the 7 channel receiver in my 2 meter ships, the problem goes away since the switch would be able to remain in the 7 channel position forever.  Any feedback would be appreciated.

Mike