[NSRCA-discussion] thinning epoxy, how?

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Sun Mar 15 05:51:48 AKDT 2009

I've used denatured alcohol and it works well, but I like heating the
applied 30 minute epoxy even better.  I spread on a light coat of
epoxy and heat the whole area with a heat gun.  The heat thins the
epoxy dramatically and will even start to run.  That's good, because
the epoxy will seep into all the crevices it can find.  I rotate the
fuselage and let gravity take the epoxy into the crevices.  The heat
also accelerates the curing process, causing it to cure in far less
than 30 minutes.

Ron