[NSRCA-discussion] Masters 2009: Two 2/2 reversed

rcmaster199 at aol.com rcmaster199 at aol.com
Sun Mar 1 14:32:46 AKST 2009

Reversal is immediate. Point rolls require hesitation

Immediate reversal means as soon as model's wing reach horizontal,
model needs to start the opposite roll. There are situations in
maneuvers where opposite rolling elements are present (Reverse Point
Roll, Reverse Knife Edge,etc., for example) where reversal MUST NOT
happen immediately because a hesitation must be flown of some duration.

But in TWO, 2/2 Rolls Opposite, the description requires 2 individual
and complete 2/2 rolls to be done, in opposite directions. This follows
established precedent (first done in F3A assymetric rolling maneuvers)
where two different rolls were required in opposite directions.  I am
pretty sure F3A folks remember the 1 1/2 Snap. 4/8 Roll opposite they
flew about 6 or 7 years ago. It was the first such maneuver introduced
into Pattern

MattK