[NSRCA-discussion] Arming plug manufacturer and source?

Jay Marshall lightfoot at sc.rr.com
Thu Jun 11 07:36:08 AKDT 2009

What is "High amp rating"?

Jay Marshall

-----Original Message-----
From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org
[mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Chad
Northeast
Sent: Thursday, June 11, 2009 11:28 AM
To: General pattern discussion
Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Arming plug manufacturer and source?

Hi Mike

I started using these connectors,

http://hobbycity.com/hobbycity/store/uh_viewItem.asp?idProduct=8939

Very inexpensive, and 4mm is really all we need for our app.  No heat shrink
required, plugs remain together (so not flopping around), no worries about
shorting anything out and impossible to connect in reverse.

I also stopped using my anti-spark circuit with these plugs since
conventional bullets don't care about the spark since the contact portion is
not damaged by it like a Neu connector is.  Plus since the spark happens
inside the housing you can't really see or hear it either :)

I also do not use arming plugs, mainly because most ESC's if plugged in at
certain throttle positions are disarmed.  For instance, with the Schulze if
you start at full throttle and plug in the pack the controller does not arm
until you reach idle for at least 2 seconds.  Since my brake is on a switch
I have to bring back to idle, then activate the brake before the ESC will
arm.  My brake switch is a condition which on Futaba alarms if on when the
radio is turned on, so I always have the brake off when the radio is turned
on.  Essentially this setup makes it virtually impossible to arm the
controller by accident.

Chad

Chad