[NSRCA-discussion] HV-85 PWM Outrunner Mode

Ed White edvwhite at yahoo.com
Sat Jun 6 13:45:57 AKDT 2009

I've been using the new version 2.12 firmware for few weeks.  Last night I discovered that under PWM there is a new setting called "Outrunner Mode".  I tried it today and really liked it.  The throttle response felt smoother.  The ESC was not warm after the flights and I think it cut my amps a little.

Anybody else have any experience with this?

Running a Dualsky 12T and have both Zippy packs and TrueRC(one 10C and one 15C).  At first I thought the TrueRC had a little more top end power.  Now I can't tell a difference.  Perhap the Zippys seem to need more break-in.  I've got 11 or 12 flights each on two packs and they just seem to be getting better.  Internal resistance readings are running well below 5 mohms on all twenty cells, many cells below 4 mohms on any charge.  IR seems to vary depending on how much charge is put in them.  Have had a charge were all 10 cells were below 3 mohms.

Was going to post some data on Chris' website after I got a few more flights on them.

Ed