[NSRCA-discussion] Weight

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Thu Jun 4 04:45:16 AKDT 2009

"designs are obsolete in 2-3 years"
 Amen to that Ron. Pattern is like F1 racing we're competitive and always looking for better and different. Truth be known I look forward to a new plane in the Spring that I planned and prepared for a year or so. It's part of what appeals me to pattern and I do this on a lower budget than many would deam possible. Trust me on this. It's all about will and determination and innovation to get what I want with as little as I have to work with. Money and building talents lacking I still put down a competitive piece each year. No sponsors either. Now that's actually pretty funny sorry.....
 Not saying a 5 year old design can't be competitive and that the pilot doesn't determine the outcome most of the time. I'm saying that I think designs for the truly competitive have a rather short lifespan and that's not going to change anytime soon.
 Also Ron there are a lot of planes on the market that work well with IC. What about the Passport? Osmose? Integral? It's only been a year or so that the newer generation of planes have been introduced that are dedicated for E. use like the E Motion, Spark, Beryl E. Addiction E. and the Sickle. Before that all the designs were meant for IC and we adapted them to fit E.
                                        Mike