[NSRCA-discussion] YS Problem

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue Jun 2 18:16:54 AKDT 2009

The short version...    YS1.70DZ - the brass fitting on the TOP of the head (towards the back) that has the black check valve pressed onto it blew out of the engine in flight!!  Needless to say the motor quit.

It appears to be a pressure fit.    I pressed it back in (I knew this wouldn't work, but what the heck), started the engine.  It idled great, ran up great, took off, and as soon as the motor warmed up (about two passes, pulled vertical and POP...dead as a rock.  Landed... and the fitting had popped out again.

So I have a few questions...

What caused this to pop out in the first place??
What do I do to put it back in SECURELY

HELP!!!!

-Mark