[NSRCA-discussion] Header coupler

Rex trexlesh at msn.com
Mon Jun 1 15:02:22 AKDT 2009

George

In a totally different project years ago, I had a similar dilemma...  I used a piece of woven stainless

tubing, inside an outer jacket.  The tubing is made to slide over heater hoses, vaccum lines on engines.

I can't tell you right off hand where to get it, but I'd bet some of the better automotive stores would have

it or could get it.   I simply cut a piece a little longer than the hi temp rubber coupler, slid it inside the

coupler, then slid both layers over the header/muffler fittings.  Seemed to work well, I never had any

blow through problems again....   You could slide this stuff into the teflon, then attach.  most of the heat

would slide right on through.  BTW, it was tough to cut, and I eventually settled on  a diamond wheel to

get a clean cut.  The neat thing about this stuff is that it's like chinese finger cuffs...  you pull on each end

and it shrinks in diameter, push it together and it expands.

Rex