[NSRCA-discussion] Flash Poll - Relocate the Nats in 2010?

Bill's Email wemodels at cox.net
Thu Jul 30 15:44:06 AKDT 2009

One thing that has resulted from basing the NATS in Muncie is that
participation from pilots out west has fallen off. Pattern is one
exception, but in many other disciplines the NATS is really not much
more than a big contest held in Indiana.

AMA District X has the largest number of members, but among the lowest
in NATS participation over all the areas. Moving the NATS around is one
way to allow more people to participate.

My suggestion would be one year in Muncie the next year out west, then
back to Muncie. I wonder how many of those that came from 500 miles or
less would make the 2,100 mile trek it takes for us Left Coasters to get
to Muncie.

Better yet, hold the NATS in Lebanon, Kansas, the closest city to the
geographic center of the US!!!