[NSRCA-discussion] Quick Integral Hacker install question

verne at twmi.rr.com verne at twmi.rr.com
Wed Jul 29 08:03:37 AKDT 2009

The answer to most of your questions (I stopped counting) is yes. What you're describing is how it's supposed to be. Bad news is you WILL have to pull the drive hub off the shaft, pretty much any time you need to pull the motor out of the plane to grease the gearbox. For me, that's about every 30 flights or so (I'm ultra cautious). I definitely wouldn't go more than 50 flights. If you lock up the gearbox in flight, you'll destroy it and the speed controller in one fell swoop. You can do the math. Anyway, the puller you have for your YS will work just fine. Just make sure that whatever you have will work

Verne

---- Anthony Abdullah <aabdu at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Thanks Verne, that is tremendously helpful!

I have started tightening down that drive washer and the back of the split bushing (that goes into the drive washer) is solidly against the snap ring, however there is about a 1/8 inch gap between the snap ring and the back of the drive washer (but no gap between the split bushing that fits in the drive washer and the snap ring), is that correct? It would seem like the bushing in the drive washer can not go any further back without pushing through and protruding out the front of the drive washer. But that would also mean that all the force of having everthing tightened down on the prop shaft is only pressed against the bushing and the snap ring via the drive washer. I would think that the drive washer would fit flush against the snap wring witht he split bushing flush against the back and not sticking out the front.

Is that bushing too long? will it fit flush front and back? How much more force will it take to get it all to press together properly? I have already been very persuasive in how much I have torqued it down, I hope I never have to take it off of that shaft!