[NSRCA-discussion] FAT LAKE PATTERN RENDEZVOUS

Bob Wilson wilsorc at gmail.com
Thu Jul 23 05:54:19 AKDT 2009

All,
August 1st and 2nd marks the first annual Peoria, Illinois pattern
event...the Fat Lake Pattern Rendezvous.

*Why "Fat Lake"?  Because it's easy to remember!
More importantly, however, it identifies the widening of the Illinois River
at Peoria that the Indians called "Pimiteoui".  Pimiteoui translates to "Fat
Lake" and describes the abundance of game in the area.*

See the flyer at our website:  http://www.peoriarcmodelers.com/index.html

** *The Fat Lake Pattern Rendezvous welcomes new pattern fliers in the
Sportsman Class.  Any airplane is eligible to compete in this class and
veteran pattern fliers will be more than happy to provide guidance.  Give it
a try!*

On Friday evening there is open flying at the field for anyone arriving
early.
The field GPS location is as follows:
N40 51.844'
W89 33.788'

On Friday night we will have "Happy Hour" at "Bernardi's Restaurant". The
address is:  12200 North Brentfield Drive in Dunlap, Illinois.

On Saturday, registration begins at 8:30, competition begins at 10:00.
Lunch for all pilots is provided.

After competition on Saturday we will have a "Cookout on the Lake" beginning
at 6 pm.  Terry Beachler will host this function at his house on the
Illinois River.  Here is the address and GPS information.

11850 N Riverview Rd
Chillicothe IL  61523-9119
N 40 49.944 W 89 33.230

On Sunday we will try and get competition underway as soon as possible, but
no later than 10:00 am.

**We at PRCM look forward to seeing everyone.

Bob Wilson
Contest CD