[NSRCA-discussion] Nats

GEORGE KENNIE geobet4 at verizon.net
Sun Jul 19 10:51:59 AKDT 2009

I have to say that it was very tough for me, after 8 consecutive years of attendance at our premiere aerobatic challenge, to be unable to be there this year.

I just spent a couple of hours reading Jim Quinn's fabulous account of each day's outcome in rapt attention. Terrific work Jim !, made up for a lot of my
dissapointment at not being able to be there.

It would appear that there were also some others who found it difficult to make the commitment this year as I couldn't help but notice in some of the pix
that the parking lots seemed to be devoid of the usual overflow of cars. Let's hope this current economic temperature takes a turn for the better soon.

I'm thrilled for Andrew. Nobody deserves the reward more. I hope he receives the proper recognition at the Worlds. He has certainly put in the effort.

Way to go also to my District comrade John Tarpinian. What a great result for all your dedication to the sport over the years. Congratulations John !!!!!!!!!!
Also the Lamprons, those kids are such neat guys and going to climb the ladder over the next couple of seasons, just you watch. It's fantastic to see new
blood continuing to enter the sport. These young guys seem to be equipped with a higher level of natural ability that we older varieties. How great is that?
And they're coming from multiple districts.

I'm also inspired by all those who consistantly come in in the lower eschelons of their classes and yet continue to make the commitment to support our
beloved sport. Some people might consider the attitude sacrificial, but it goes far deeper than that and they're probably the only ones who will understand that.

I'm proud of everyone involved in this great venue and thank also the willing souls that go to serve that others might exercise the manifestation of their
phenominal talent.

What a great bunch of people you all are !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

G.