[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker C50 15XL?

Keith Black tkeithblack at gmail.com
Sun Jul 19 10:47:13 AKDT 2009

The Matts flew the 15XL on the Beryll and frankly I could never understand
how they could use it as my 14XL was on the slow side with my Brio. Now I
have a Beryll and can understand how it could be usable with a 15XL as the
Beryll is extremely clean and will very easily pick up speed.

I'm flying a 14XL with my Beryll and think it's fine, but it would be
interesting to try the 15XL to see what the Matts liked about it.

Clearly the Beryll was designed low drag with electric in mind. Most other
modern pattern planes need a 14XL or even a little more pull such as 13XL or
the Neu F3A motor (which I think is somewhere between the 14XL and the 13XL.

Keith Black