[NSRCA-discussion] Bifocal Contact Lenses

Lisa n Larry lld613 at psci.net
Tue Jul 7 21:17:44 AKDT 2009

Vince,

I was diagnosed with Diabetes in August 2007 and my vision went south I
could see my son on the football field or even his number on his jersey. I
just followed his position and asked my wife when he took the field. It has
steadied up though to the point I did get contacts. My situation is a bit
unique in that my eye sight prior to was about 20/15 in both eyes.

I did get prescription contacts that are bi-focal and both eyes are the same
contact. Now I can't see anything up close and the prescription is the
weakest he could find for near. I didn't like any of the other standard
contacts because I couldn't see as far as I liked to see the plane. With the
contacts I do have I see great from about 10 feet and beyond. Very crisp and
detailed even at long distances well past the box. I use 1.25 reading
glasses for seeing within 3 feet. I concede 3 to 10 feet away as things are
blurred with my contacts.

Now this contact trial went on for about 2 weeks and I'm now referred to as
a special case.VBG.

Larry Diamond

  _____