[NSRCA-discussion] Why did you join the NSRCA?

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Sat Jan 31 09:13:44 AKST 2009

OK I'll bite.
The short answer is - To support the organization!
The long answer is – The NSRCA offered national unification to our AMA
rulebook event. It took a number of years for the organization to formally
influence rule change proposals and national judging standards. I am very
proud of the many members who have and continue to volunteer their time and
effort to maintain and grow the stature of the organization.
When I began flying pattern rules were interpreted locally with noticeable
inconsistency beyond my immediate area. At the time the USPJA (Unified Scale
& Pattern Judges Association) was the national judging body staffed with
volunteers who traveled at their expense to judged at most of our contests.
The remaining chairs were filled with local club volunteer judges with
limited training.
The NSRCA can't continue to champion our cause and represent us without our
support and I would continue my membership regardless of the K-Factor
status. The membership cost is immaterial. It wouldn't nave gotten me a half
tank of gas last summer, which wouldn't have gotten me home from my closest
out of town contest.
The NSRCA consolidates and unifies the efforts of the many volunteers who
tirelessly represent our interests.
Jim Hiller