[NSRCA-discussion] Close Fireboard, direct all menus to Simple Machines?

Martin X. Moleski, SJ moleski at canisius.edu
Sat Jan 31 06:48:54 AKST 2009

I very much prefer the Simple forum to Fireboard (thanks, Stuart!).

Shall we remove Fireboard and make SMF **the** NSRCA forum?

If we don't get any strong pro-"leave it be" feedback from
people, I'll ask Stuart to make the change around Tuesday.

That should be more than enough time for feedback from
users and from the web team.

How to compare the two forums:

Log in at http://nsrca.us (you'll need to be registered
on nsrca.us, which requires a different username and
password than that given you by the NSRCA Secretary).

Simple Machines (new forum): Look for the link on the
left-hand side of the page that says "NSRCA forum."

Fireboard (old forum): click on Forum link in the
top row of menu buttons.

The only thing that could possibly go wrong if you're
not logged in is that the servers at our host will
start smoking, shoot out sparks, and burn down the
server center.  It's not a big deal.  They're
insured and they should have off-site backup.  We'll
be back in business in no time and will have gained
valuable lessons from the experience.

				Marty