[NSRCA-discussion] BOLLY out of business

Gene Maurice gene.maurice at sgmservice.com
Sun Jan 25 07:23:53 AKST 2009

Note: send this twice because of the file size limitation, original message that included both Pic’s got ”held”

All,

I ordered a set of carbon fiber gear from AirBorne Models (Carbon Fiber Landing Gear PR8200158 6 x 35 x 220 mm) and was waiting till I received them before responding to this thread. Just got them and they don’t look bad (pics attached). Overall they are about 15mm shorter, 20mm narrower (track)and 10mm more sweep than Bolly Longs. The base is almost identical (when you split the Bolly), 50mm x 38mm. Weight is 120g total, also identical to the Bolly Longs. The finish is excellent. They seem pretty stiff but have some flex, more that the Bolly’s. It’ll be awhile till I have them installed and get a chance to fly with them (gotta paint yet).

Now the really good news, $50 + $7 shipping. Here’s the link http://www.airborne-models.com/html/AccessoriesGroup.asp?AGroupID=9 , it’s the split gear , Col 1, Row 3

Gene Maurice

Plano, TX

AMA 3408 NSRCA 877