[NSRCA-discussion] Carbon Fiber Landing Gear

aeroslave at tx.rr.com aeroslave at tx.rr.com
Thu Jan 15 11:06:25 AKST 2009

Dear Pattern Dudes

Some time ago I had sent an email asking what was the level of interest about AeroSlave designing and fabricating for sale a new carbon fiber landing gear. We got a decent response. In light of the fact that it appears all the sources of supply have exited the business, and the fact that crappy-hard landings by more than a few flyers will continue, helping to boost the market, AeroSlave will investigate designing and fabrication a "Pattern" landing gear-meaning designed for a 5Kg max plane. Lance and I have some ideas based on what we have seen from other suppliers and we will begin with these ideas. Personally I thought the ES gear were very good.

What I can tell you is that the gear will be:

-American made
-Aerospace Prepreg/ Autoclave fabricated
-Will carry a normal use warranty
-As light as we can make it, with structural integrity

This may take 6 months so buy what you can now.

Comments on likes and dislikes on pattern gear would be appreciated as we tackle the design phase.
--
AeroSlave
4408 Elmhurst Dr
PayPal: aeroslave at tx.rr.com