[NSRCA-discussion] Foamy Night Flying

JEREMY CHINN lagrue at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 13 14:48:58 AKST 2009

Yes.... B Flat..... lol

Date: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 17:10:29 -0600From: khoard at gmail.comTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgSubject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Foamy Night FlyingDo your "aeromusical" planes sing?
On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 4:40 PM, JEREMY CHINN <lagrue at hotmail.com> wrote:

Jim, I've been illuminating my foamies with 'Tiny Brite Lites'. Control board plugs into the rcvr and drives several bright LED lights. I have scale kits on my aeromusical airplanes.  I've also used the 'neon' kit by Electrifly. Lightweight colored neon tubes connected to a similar (but larger) control board that is driven from an extra reciever channel. This is much heavier than the Tiny Brite Lites, but still manageable on a 6oz+ foamy and much more light.  Both setups are less than $30 rtf.  I'd like to try the Yuri method, but will have to find lights that are bright enough to do so....

From: bob.lavey at cox.netTo: nsrca-discussion at lists.nsrca.orgDate: Tue, 13 Jan 2009 16:00:02 -0600Subject: Re: [NSRCA-discussion] Foamy Night Flying

Our club has a night fly every year, and this year a couple of the participants used Yuri's method.  It was by far the best solution I've seen.  The planes were well illuminated and quite easy to see.

Others used lots of glow sticks taped to various parts of the plane, but those became very hard to see at any distance, and they'd be much too heavy for electrics.

Bob

From: nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org [mailto:nsrca-discussion-bounces at lists.nsrca.org] On Behalf Of Woodward, Jim (US SSA)Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 3:35 PMTo: General pattern discussionSubject: [NSRCA-discussion] Foamy Night Flying

Guys,

Slightly off topic – the best weather year round is at night where I live.  I also saw one of the latest MA where Yuri had placed LED lights on the wing tips, that shined back on this wings and fuselage.  The description made it sound like the night time visual was as if a spot-light was following the plane everywhere it went.

What is the best solution for foamies?  I see that www.shulmanaviation.com sells mini-lights and have seen them installed a friends plane, but did not see it night fly.

Has anyone tried the "Yuri" method where light shines back on the plane, or used the ones noted above where the clear, red, green lights on on the tips.

All suggestions and experiences welcome

Thanks,
Jim