[NSRCA-discussion] 8611 on rudder

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Fri Jan 9 07:11:22 AKST 2009

Dave,

You are 100% correct.  The 8611 is also sufficient (non 3d set up) for a YAK 55SP 35% size.  I have over 200 flights in this plane using a single 8611 on rudder with no problem.  I am also using a soft mount on the DA 100 that could be a factor.  On my Abbras I have both servos and I can not tell the difference in performance.

--
Vicente "Vince" Bortone

From: "Dave" <DaveL322 at comcast.net>

I prefer the lighter weight, tighter geartrain, and more aggressive center of the 8411sa.  I’ve not found the added torque of the 8611 necessary.

If oscillation is a problem with the 8411sa, the 8611 may fix this – but the center will not be as aggressive (but it may not be a big enough difference to notice depending on the specific plane and specific linkage system).

Regards,

Dave