[NSRCA-discussion] Happy New Year

Doug Cronkhite seefo at san.rr.com
Wed Jan 7 12:27:22 AKST 2009

Great.. so the judging guide conflicts with itself even.

Maneuver 3 states that since the stall turn (a turnaround maneuver) is
between straight flight out and straight flight back, it's entry and
exit altitude should be the same.

Then in maneuver 5, there is a specific note that since the 1/2 reverse
cuban 8 is a turnaround maneuver, its entry and exit altitude may differ.

IF the straight flight out, turnaround, and straight flight back were 1
maneuver as they used to be (SFO, procedure turn, SFB) the the relative
altitude would be a judging criteria. However, since these are 3
separate maneuvers, the performance of one maneuver MAY NOT be used as a
judging criteria for another. To quote another part of the judging handbook:

"*Be independent*. Ignore the scores of other judges. Do not converse
about scores. Score each maneuver on its individual value. Dismiss
consideration of each maneuver as soon as you record its score."

Doug