[NSRCA-discussion] Balsarite

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Wed Feb 18 07:32:18 AKST 2009

The solvent evaporates very readily and I have had the stuff thicken in the
can if it doesn't have an absolute seal. The fabric formula is thin enough
to brush on and the film formula is watery thin. What you describe sounds
like old stock that has had some solvent evaporation.
I generally just wipe on the film formula with a paper towel to get a thin
even coat (no sanding required). I often do this around openings to insure a
permanent bond and prevent any chance of oil migration under the MonoKote.
Jim