[NSRCA-discussion] Smaragd for sale

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sat Feb 14 07:25:02 AKST 2009

Posting for a friend:

Smaragd that needs final finish work, plus a minor repair to one wingtip.  This airframe is the kevlar/CF/FG composite fuselage version.  It is a lowtime airframe, but was involved in a minor crash on landing several years ago.  That resulted in a scrape of one wingtip on a hard surface runway, a broken chin cowl (since replaced), some minor wheel pant damage, and some whip damage to the fuselage skin.  Nothing cracked apart or resulted in any deformity to the fuselage dimensional accuracy.  The locations of the minor whip damage in the nose and directly behind the wing TE have already been repaired.  The wings and stabilizer are Monokoted, and the paint has been stripped off of the fuselage.  The fuselage needs final finish prep for primer and paint, and the rudder has to be re-covered.  Originally set up with an OS 140 RX.  No mount included though.  Asking $600, location Northern NJ.  FYI, I owned this for a period of time after the original owner had the landing mishap.  I did the fuselage repairs as well as the paint stripping. The new owner has done nothing with it and just decided it's not time to get into Pattern now, so it's got to go.

I'll pass along inquiries.

Ed