[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/IC ...was Arming Plug/ReceptacleProblem

John Ferrell johnferrell at earthlink.net
Tue Feb 10 07:44:27 AKST 2009

It is an interesting question for sure...
Can you think of any other form of aviation where empty weight is more
important that Gross or take off weight?
Of course one cannot blame the IC fans for being afraid of electric
technology.

Personally, the bad news is that the new knee joints I had installed last
year are not permitting me to squat or kneel. It is tough to deal with
tending an IC powered airplane with that limitation.
The good news is that electrics do not appear to require the operator to
squat/kneel.

Unfortunately there remains the problem of recovering the investment of too
many YS engines and the accompanying airplanes...

John Ferrell  W8CCW

"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do
nothing." -- Edmund Burke
http://DixieNC.US