[NSRCA-discussion] Replacement for Bolly Landing Gear

MKMSG mkmsg at cox.net
Mon Feb 9 18:18:41 AKST 2009

I've been a fan of Bolly products (props, landing gear, wheel pants) for many years.  Both my Beryll and Partner currently use the Bolly Long electric landing gear and small F3A wheel pants.  After hearing that Bolly was terminating its R/C product line of business, I began searching for a suitable landing gear replacement.  One of the businesses I looked at was Graph Tech (www.graphtechrc.com) which currently manufactures a large line of carbon fiber landing gears for a wide variety of models.  However, I couldn't find anything they currently produce that was specifically targeted towards 2 meter pattern models.  When I approached Graph Tech about making a light weight carbon gear specifically for pattern, they indicated they would gladly take on the task.  Consequently, I will be providing them with dimensions for a carbon landing gear similar to the Bolly Long but perhaps with just a bit less sweep.  It will be airfoiled.  Mike at Graph Tech sounded more than willing to produce additional carbon landing gear styles for pattern flyers besides the one he's generating for me (which will be available to anyone else since it will become part of Graph Tech's product line).  Perhaps one of you who fly glo might be interested in contacting Graph Tech with dimensions/style information suitable for 2 and 4 strokes.  As an FYI, Graph Tech products are American made and utilize American products in the manufacturing process.  That may not be important to everyone, but it is to me so I thought I'd also mention that.  I'll be working with Graph Tech to get a nice and hopefully reasonably priced electric carbon landing gear on the market.  Please feel free to contact Mike at Graph Tech with any questions or input (his email is ohiocarbon at aol.com).

Mike Moritko