[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Plug/Receptacle Problem

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 9 15:18:52 AKST 2009

Ron, I think that adding a capacitor will only make it worse.  During the
time that the connection is being made, you have, in effect, a high
frequency AC current and voltage.  With a capacitive load, current leads
voltage, so you will actually increase the initial current surge.  Not that
I am recommending it, because it may have other bad side effects, but adding
a large inductor in series would control the initial rush of current since
it causes the current to lag the voltage.

I think you should just look to beef up the connectors, since neither
approach discussed here is good for your setup.

Ed