[NSRCA-discussion] Arming Plug/Receptacle Problem

AtwoodDon at aol.com AtwoodDon at aol.com
Mon Feb 9 07:33:39 AKST 2009

Ron, you are right that the Dean's connectors are less prone to loosing
contact due to wear because of the way the contacts work.  The tips of the  plug
may wear due to spark, but the mating surfaces do not.  I have  hundreds of
flights using my Deans arming plug with no issues.  Tips show  errosion due to
sparks but the mating surfaces show none of the erossion.

The is supposedly a way to allow the capacitors of the ESC to charge slowly
by using a resistor in the circuit to pass current more slowly to charge the
capacitors.  I have not done this but if you do a search in RCU or RCG, you
will probably find the info.  I have also heard there is a recommendation  to
not do this because the ESC may power up with less than minimum required
voltage and the logic may not work correctly.  Like I said, I have not done  this,
just passing on what I have heard.

Don

In a message dated 2/9/2009 8:09:26 A.M. Pacific Standard Time,