[NSRCA-discussion] Mandatory Advancement

John Gayer jgghome at comcast.net
Mon Feb 2 13:29:53 AKST 2009

The main thing about the Australian system is that it allows comparison
with the rest of your class on a national scale. You can actually get
national rankings for each class out of the system, which everyone
should be in favor of. Advancement could be voluntary under any system.
Perhaps an open system allowing entry in the class of your choice at any
local contest with a NATS requirement that you enter the class you last
competed in.
Based on activity levels in various districts, right now it is quite
possible to be a perennial winner locally, but not pointed out of class
and also struggle to get into the top half  if you travel to another
district or the NATS which is much more competitive. Should you be
considered a sandbagger?
This is, of course, leaving out the issue of advancement from Masters to
F3A. :)

John