[NSRCA-discussion] GWS Servo/Transmitter Tester/Tachometer

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Dec 13 07:27:52 AKST 2009

Back in the days of AM transmitters, I had a gadget from Ace that clipped to the antenna of any transmitter and used a simple detector circuit to demodulate the signal. Then, a decoder separated the individual channels, which could be selected by a rotary switch to any of 7 channels. Then, my Ace Datamaster would display the pulse width of the selected channel.

There is no reason you could not come out of the trainer port and do the same thing (minus the detector circuit) as long as the radio is in PPM mode.

Bob R.