[NSRCA-discussion] This email list is flawed in my opinion.

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 13 07:14:32 AKST 2009

Ed Skorepa makes a gas version of his CF pipes.  It's a little different internally, nothing drastic though.  Here's his answer to my question when I bought the ES40G pipe:

"The main difference is in tail piece. It has bigger DIA stinger and it is made from two pieces instead of one. It's what I call reversed flow pipe. Also, the first baffle is in different location and holes are slightly bigger."

Anyway, the sound in the air is very nice.  It is very quiet and indistinguishable from a 2C glow (except that the throttle response is better). I imagine that you could use other CF pipes if their manufacturer tells you that the resin used will handle the higher temperatures.  To the best of my knowledge, the Skorepa pipes for glow use the same materials and would probably be OK in a gas application.  However, he made changes for gas for a reason, and he is pretty much the master at this as far as I know.  Must be that it handles better.

Ed