[NSRCA-discussion] This email list is flawed in my opinion.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone vicenterc at comcast.net
Sun Dec 13 04:48:26 AKST 2009

Matt,

It will be very interesting to see your results.  I had the chance to build and fly the Abbra with ZDZ 40.  I was able to comparare the same plane with OS160 back-to-back.  Clearly the ZDZ 40 was behind in power (or power-to-weight ratio) when compared with the OS 160 when doing the Master schedule of that time.  I am sure that less fuel consumption with less BTU content means less power.  The Abbra with the ZDZ 40 was ~3-4 oz over 11 lbs.  The OS 160 Abbra was 9.8 lbs.  I am not sure now what the new gasoline engines manufactures are doing to increase the power.  I believe that an improvement in the design of gas engines is required to make it usable for pattern.

Vicente "Vince" Bortone