[NSRCA-discussion] This email list is flawed in my opinion.

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Sat Dec 12 18:20:00 AKST 2009

Jason don't you think the lighter Integral flew much slower and presented
better then the ones weighing a 1/2 lb more?
I think an Integral weighing 11 1/2 to 12 lbs would be a much different
beast in the air.

I built and flew 2 Integrals. The first one I built finished at 10 lbs 12
ozs.
The second one finished at 10 lbs 3 ozs. They flew like 2 completely
different models. They presented differently, Vertical performance was
dramatically different. I have just recently retro fitted Integral #1 to match  #2
(moved the servos from the Stabs to a single servo mid ship) I was  unable to
get the weight as low as #2 due to some extra epoxy in some areas I  could
not remove. And some added epoxy in areas that needed some reinforcement.
Integral #1 has better then 400 flights on it and is starting to loosen up
some! :>)
In the retrofit I was able to reduce it's weight by 2 1/2 ozs.

Carl

In a message dated 12/12/2009 9:15:29 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,