[NSRCA-discussion] Weight limit in AMA classes

Ed Alt ed_alt at hotmail.com
Fri Dec 11 16:39:45 AKST 2009

Things to buy:

Integral fuselage-  $649
Chin cowl-    $85
Canopy- $60
LG- $59
Wheel pants- $50
Fuselage total- $903

Or buy the entire airframe for $1,190 and sell the wings.

Then go buy:

Foam core set from Bob Hunt (wings, stab/elev & rudder) - $125
Some balsa wood -  $70
PPG Wing tube set - $80 if memory serves right
Wing & tail total - $275

Airframe cost before finishing - $1178 or thereabouts.

If you can't make weight with this combo, electric or otherwise, then it's a
skill/experience issue, not a wallet issue. That's what the hobby is about,
or used to be anyway - learning how to do stuff well.
Ed