[NSRCA-discussion] Model Transportation Help Needed

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Fri Dec 4 12:54:36 AKST 2009

I have been in contact with Steve Lelito regarding a 2-meter ARF he
has for sale.  Neither Steve nor I are too thrilled with having to
trust the safety of the airplane to FedEx, UPS, Greyhound or the
other potential shipping sources.  As Steve said in an e-mail to me,
"I have had experience shipping planes.   I think they damage them on
purpose; it is not worth the chance.   We can figure something out."

That leaves us with the option of somehow getting individuals to
bring the airplane from the vicinity of Steve's place (Wendell, MA)
to somewhere near my place (Fort Walton Beach, FL).  Maybe a
"snowbird" coming south to the panhandle of Florida for the coldest
part of the winter could be enlisted.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Ron