[NSRCA-discussion] Li-Po Question -- SAFETY!!!!

CHV69 at aol.com CHV69 at aol.com
Sun Aug 30 14:16:16 AKDT 2009

In a message dated 8/30/2009 11:22:39 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
AtwoodDon at aol.com writes:

The  research I did says the chemical properties of a lipo break down on
full  discharge to a state where they are not environmentally harmful.
However, if you don't agree, physically disposing of the discharge lipos in a
environmentally 'safe' certainly will be the safest way to get rid of  them.

I was under the impression the sat water bath changed the chemistry of the
Lipo Battery. Not only would one have to drain the battery, but also
puncture  the battery to allow the salt water bath to do it's job. Once done
properly, the  battery chemistry is harmless. I do agree the Radio Shack route
sounds  better.

Carl