[NSRCA-discussion] Engines

Bill Glaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Fri Aug 28 09:19:26 AKDT 2009

Jerry:
Thanks for the advisory.  I'll surely give it a try.  Also, when I was building large displacement Drag Boat engines, we used to balance the engine with Mallory Metal, which was nearly pure tungsten (for it's heavy weight)
One time I took apart one of my 1.40's and noticed a drilled  and welded spot on the counterbalance, which looked identical in miniature to what we used to do to the full size race engines.  I asked Richard Verano about it, and he was unaware of the situation.  He said "sometimes the factory will try something and not tell us."  I guess that was one of those times.

Bill Glaze