[NSRCA-discussion] Engines

Bill Glaze billglaze at bellsouth.net
Thu Aug 27 11:39:19 AKDT 2009

All:
Looking for opinions here.  I've been flying a Piedmont sport that tips the scales at 9# even.  Powering it with a Y.S. 1.20 FS, and it's now 20 years old.  Runs fine, but maybe not forever.  It turns an APC at 8800+ and offers plenty of performance.
Question:  Is there anything else on the market that offers comparable performance?
This is probably the most user-friendly  engine I've ever used; not moody, always easy starting, runs at a repeatable setting every time, (1-1/4 turns out on the main needle) and I'm wondering if there is anything else out there that can match this performance/ease of use?
Thanks.  BTW: Opinions are O.K.; I realize these things are highly subjective and anecdotal, and subject to individual viewpoints.

Bill Glaze
NSRCA 2388