[NSRCA-discussion] Spreading the word

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Thu Aug 27 07:18:45 AKDT 2009

Larry's message brings back a point I've been trying to make for quite a while. Regarding the letter that he received from the boy's mother:

"We are having a very difficult time finding anyone with any knowledge about pattern flying. We are very limited because we have never become involved in any type of flying club."

It sounds like this kid would be a perfect candidate for a new Pattern pilot! Somehow he found out about "F3P" but NOT Pattern in general. How is that possible? When we start the discussions about "Growing Pattern" and everyone wanders off to find the solutions such as "make the sequences easier", "eliminate the weight requirement", etc. please try to remember this message. :)

John Pavlick