[NSRCA-discussion] SD-10

J N Hiller jnhiller at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 25 08:46:39 AKDT 2009

A big thank you to all for this discussion. About a week ago I solicited
input on a Futaba system and it was suggested that I also consider the
SD-10. I was hoping for more discussion at the time.
I looked at an SD-10 in the local hobby shop yesterday and the price is very
hard to walk away from and it fit my hands nicely.
My thumb resolution isn't what it once was and will likely get worse but I'm
now becoming more aware of 'bounce-back' and poor centering likely due to
worn (non-BB) stick assemblies and cheap servos.
The TX stick assembly centering detents that I've looked at in the past have
a spring loaded bar against a flat spot on a round shaft. I've never felt
that this offered accurate repeatability for very long. Have there been
improvements or changes to mechanical stick centering?
In the old days I remember a test device that could be plugged into the
receiver that displayed the count relative to stick movement, which was
useful for understanding centering repeatability. Am I dreaming or did such
a device really exist? Is there something available now?
Jim H