[NSRCA-discussion] SD-10

James Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Mon Aug 24 16:53:07 AKDT 2009

Our 72 MHz PPM systems do not have infinite resolution because they
are limited to a 10 KHz bandwidth.  Only so much information can be
pumped through a given bandwidth.  You can have more resolution at a
lower frame rate or a higher frame rate at lower resolution.

PPM probably does better in a 2.4 GHz system that has greater
bandwidth depending on how the signal is processed.  I assume the PPM
is converted to digital before it is transmitted and is not degraded
by the RF link.

I have never gone back to 1024 after flying 2048 but I've been told
you can tell the difference if you go back.

Jim O